pgsql: Make configure prefer python3 to plain python. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Make configure prefer python3 to plain python.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Make configure prefer python3 to plain python.

This avoids possibly selecting Python 2.x on systems that have
both Python 2 and Python 3.  We used to feel that what "python"
links to is a user choice that we should honor.  However, we're
about to cease support for Python 2, so users will no longer have
any choice of that sort.  This small change is being made ahead
of the big Python-2-ectomy so that we can see how much of the
buildfarm is not yet prepared for that.  Systems with only
Python 2 will continue to build that way, for now.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/2872c9a0-4b0a-1354-d5f6-94d6f85ba354@enterprisedb.com

Branch
------
master