pgsql: Handle ReadFile() EOF correctly on Windows. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject pgsql: Handle ReadFile() EOF correctly on Windows.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Handle ReadFile() EOF correctly on Windows.

When ReadFile() encounters the end of a file while reading from
a synchronous handle with an offset provided via OVERLAPPED, it
reports an error instead of returning 0.  By not handling that
(undocumented) result correctly, we caused some noisy LOG
messages about an unknown error code.  Repair.

Back-patch to 12, where we started using pread()/ReadFile() with
an offset.

Reported-by: ZhenHua Cai, Amit Kapila
Diagnosed-by: Juan Jose Santamaria Flecha
Tested-by: Amit Kapila
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAA4eK1LK3%2BWRtpz68TiRdpHwxxWm%3D%2Bt1BMf-G68hhQsAQ41PZg%40mail.gmail.com

Branch
------