pgsql: Fix bogus loop logic in 013_crash_restart test's pump_untilsubr - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix bogus loop logic in 013_crash_restart test's pump_untilsubr
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix bogus loop logic in 013_crash_restart test's pump_until subroutine.

The pump_nb() step might've already received the desired data, so we must
check for that at the top of the loop not the bottom.  Otherwise, the
call to pump() will sit with nothing to do until the timeout elapses.
pump_until then falls out with apparent success ... but the timeout has
been used up, causing the next call of pump_until to report a timeout
failure.  I believe this explains the intermittent timeout failures
we've seen in the buildfarm ever since this test went in.  I was able
to reproduce the problem on gaur semi-repeatably, and this appears to
fix it.

In passing, remove a duplicate assignment, fix one stdin-assignment to
look like the rest, and document the test's dependency on test_decoding.

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/badaa0c50de0e1c8b1deb27d0a1ee00498e40002

Modified Files
src/test/recovery/README                 | 2 ++
src/test/recovery/t/013_crash_restart.pl | 5 ++---