[pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin 4 commit: Resolved an issue finding the python interpreter on* - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin 4 commit: Resolved an issue finding the python interpreter on*
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Resolved an issue finding the python interpreter on *nix systems, and
Windows 2008 R2 (32 bit), while running the pgAdmin 4 as runtime for
the PostgreSQL one click installers.

- Found a typo in runtime code, we were appending the path using ';' on
  *nix systems too. We should have used ':', and that did not allow the
  os.environ['PATH'] to identify the correct path of the python
  interpreter under the 'venv' directory.

- On Windows 2008, it was not honouring the environment variables, set
  under the Qt application (e.g. pgAdmin4.exe runtime), in the python
  application. (e.g. pgAdmin4.py). We will need to assume that - the
  python interpreter resides under the 'venv' directory outside the
  'bin' directory.

- Also, on windows 2008, it was setting PYTHONHOME environment variable
  to the full path of the pgAdmin4.exe, we need to reset it to 'venv'
  directory, if we find the python interpreter under it.

Thanks Murtuza Zabuawala for tips, and help.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdiff;h=7767c085c33d6f230b2ad3e22760a191125ef25d

Modified Files
runtime/Server.cpp                      | 10 +++++++++
web/pgadmin/misc/bgprocess/processes.py | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-