Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [patch] Refactor: clipboard, translations, jasmine - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [patch] Refactor: clipboard, translations, jasmine
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Atira Odhner <aodhner@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> Actually that's not an issue - the package builds will (in most cases
>> now) remove the test directories, and will only include files that are
>> in GIT anyway. Please move everything under web/regression as right
>> now it's cluttering up the root directory which doesn't make sense as
>> it only applies to the web/ code.
>

> I just did a build and saw python tests showing up in the mac-build folder,
> before the dmg is created. Can you point out where the exclusion of test
> directories is supposed to happen during the dmg build process so I can
> check that it works in this case?

Well I did say "in most cases now" :-)

For Windows we have:

FOR /R "%PGBUILDPATH%\web" %%f in (tests feature_tests __pycache__) do
RD /Q /S "%%f"

And I thought I'd also done the python wheel as well, but apparently
not (though now I think about it, that was intentional). In any case,
I'm not too worried about that, as a) we will exclude them from
packages where appropriate even if we don't yet, and b) it's only a
few files.

The important thing is that the node_modules directory isn't included
(and thinking about it, the snapshots directory and regression log).
That's over 7K files :-o. The wheel and source packages will exclude
that, but we may need to explicitly exclude it from the Windows and
macOS builds.

I'll put that on my TODO.

--
Dave Page