BUG #8721: pg_wrapper unaware of configuration includes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From jodynickel@gmail.com
Subject BUG #8721: pg_wrapper unaware of configuration includes
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8721
Logged by:          Jody Nickel
Email address:      jodynickel@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
Operating system:   Kubuntu 13.04

I installed postgres 9.3 on a machine where 9.1 was installed. I
dumped/loaded the 9.1 databases into 9.3. I then stopped and uninstalled
9.1.

When I installed, since there was already a postgres installed, the port was
assigned to 5433.

I then used a secondary configuration file to hold my configuration changes
for postgres (shared memory etc) and used the include statement in
postgresql.conf. One of the lines in that secondary file was port = 5432.

I then restarted postgres to put the changes into effect.

When I started psql, it gave an error that it couldn't connect to port
5433.

I think it was reading postgresql.conf, and ignoring the included files that
had changed the port number.

This is a very minor bug, and was easily worked around by changing the port
configuration in the postgresql.conf file.