BUG #7817: psql does not relate to footer settings in extended mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From emesika@redhat.com
Subject BUG #7817: psql does not relate to footer settings in extended mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7817
Logged by:          Eli Mesika
Email address:      emesika@redhat.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.7
Operating system:   Fedora 16

psql does not relate to footer settings in extended mode
Sometimes we need to run a sql command withot generating header and footer.
This can be done using the -t flag and --pset=3Dfooter=3Doff
The problem is that the footer is still diaplyed even if it was set to off
if we use the extended mode for the query (-x flag)

Steps to Reproduce:
1) create a table without any data
for example
create table text(i int);
2) run
psql -U <user> -t --pset=3Dfooter=3Doff <db>
3) No output is generated
4) run
psql -U <user> -t --pset=3Dfooter=3Doff -x <db>
5) Output generated : "(No Rows)"

Actual results:
psql does not honour the footer settings when output is defined to be in
Extended Mode

Expected results:
psql should not generate any output is query has no results and -t and =

--pset=3Dfooter=3Doff were given