BUG #7596: Problem with /etc/init.d/postgresql.9.x file - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From david.peyrieres@meteo.fr
Subject BUG #7596: Problem with /etc/init.d/postgresql.9.x file
Date
Re: BUG #7596: Problem with /etc/init.d/postgresql.9.x file  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: BUG #7596: Problem with /etc/init.d/postgresql.9.x file  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7596
Logged by:          David PEYRIERES
Email address:      david.peyrieres@meteo.fr
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
Operating system:   Red Hat

Hello.
I found a little bug in /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.x file (ok in 8.4 - since
9.x versions ?).
In my case, I've 5 databases on same server. Each database is start/stop
with this file 'service postgresql9.x start'.
Unfortunately, it uses only same file for status "pidfile:
/var/run/postmaster-9.2.pid".
In my case and with this configuration, I have only one file for all
databases. =

So, I've modified this file on all servers : =

1 - pidfile=3D"/var/run/${NAME}.pid

2 - and case test :
case "$1" in
 status)