Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12 Jun 2003 08:50:30 -0500 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> A table *is* a relation.  You seem to be referring to foreign keys.
> Maybe MySQL has a different syntax?

last time i checked, MySQL didn't do referential integrity. it did accept
some syntax for describing foreign keys, but treated it as a no-op. this
could be different in MySQL 4.x, i haven't looked into it. i rarely need to
work with MySQL, most of my clients who want me to do database stuff are
using PostgreSQL.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net