Re: NULL values for geometric type? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: NULL values for geometric type?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Verhaag, G. wrote:

> Dear list-member,
>
> Am I right in saying that geometric types like POINT, BOX,CIRCLE do
> not accept NULL values? I receive the following message: ERROR:
> copy: line 1, Bad box external representation 'NULL', when trying just
> that!

It looks like you're probably trying to insert the text NULL rather than a
NULL into the column.  I can insert a NULL with insert or in a copy if I
use the correct nullstring (you can set what is read as a null with a NULL
[ AS ] 'nullstring' option to copy.  Can you give a full example of what
you were trying?