Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline?
Date
List pgsql-patches
> With AIX 5, the easiest way to get a shared object is to pass
"-bexpall"
> to the linker. This results in all symbols being exported.

Yes, that is another reason not to use this broken switch.
And last time I checked (AIX 4.3.3), -bexpall did not export all needed
symbols
(e.g. globals) from the backend eighter. And the counterpart -bimpall
did also not work.
Dynamic loading did not work without the .imp and .exp files :-(

Andreas

PS: I'd prefer if readline was only linked where it is needed, namely in
psql.