Re: In pg_dump "no owner" mode don't dump owner names in - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: In pg_dump "no owner" mode don't dump owner names in
Date
List pgsql-patches
>>This fixes pg_dump so that when using the '-O' no owners option it does
>>not print the owner name in the object comment.
>
> Why is that a good idea?

At the moment I want to dump sample databases for a project.  I don't
want my name or username appearing anywhere in them.  I dump without
owners or privileges since they're irrelevant and will refer to users
that just don't exist.

So, at the moment I need to run the dumps through sed to remove the
reference to the owner usernames in the dumps, otherwise everyone can
see half the users in our database...

Chris