Re: sync_file_range() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD
Subject Re: sync_file_range()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Indeed, I've been wondering lately if we shouldn't resurrect
> > LET_OS_MANAGE_FILESIZE and make that the default on systems with
> > largefile support.  If nothing else it would cut down on open/close
> > overhead on very large relations.

I'd still put some limit on the filesize, else you cannot manually
distribute a table across spindles anymore. Also some backup solutions
are not too happy with too large files eighter (they have trouble
with staging the backup). I would suggest something like 32 Gb.

Andreas