Function Syntax Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Ryan
Subject Function Syntax Help
Date
Re: Function Syntax Help
Re: Function Syntax Help
List pgsql-general
I having trouble with correct syntax to get this trigger function to compile.  I have tried every combination of removing the ‘;’ characters but the function will not compile.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, I am stumped. I will be adding addition when clauses the case statement once I get this simplified version to compile.

I am using 9.3.4, both postgres and psql.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sn_dm_b.pm_insert_trigger()
RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$
BEGIN
    CASE
        WHEN NEW.period =  201001
                THEN INSERT INTO sn_dm_b.pm201001 VALUES (NEW.*);
    END;
    RETURN NULL;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;