Re: DATA corruption after promoting slave to master - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: DATA corruption after promoting slave to master
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/26/2014 10:34 AM, Karthik Iyer wrote:

> Any inputs here? You think a pgdump and restore would help more ?

A full dump and restore would definitely help. I tend not to suggest
that often because I work with very large databases that are usually
extremely cumbersome to dump and restore.

But yeah, if you can get a successful pg_dump from your database, a
restore should obviously clean up all of your data and index
inconsistencies if you're willing to wait.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse, LLC | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604