RE: pg_restore issues with intarray - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Brannen
Subject RE: pg_restore issues with intarray
Date
List pgsql-general
>From: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net>
>
>>Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> writes:
>>
>> It feels like the restore is adding the intarray extension, which does
>> a CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY on its own, then later the restore does
>> CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY on again causing the problem. Yet this doesn't
>> happen on most of our databases, just a few. It's maddening to me.
>>

>I've seen this sort of problem before.
>
>It was due to some legacy DBs where I work having a few missing extension membership registrations.
>
>pg_dump wants to include any such things in the output  which may run afoul  of same having been already created by
theextension load.

Ugh! That would explain why it's only on some installs and only on the
"older" ones. Thanks for the info!

Did you ever find any work around? Or is it just a matter of recognizing
what's going on, ignore those "warnings", and moving to a later version to
get past this so it doesn't happen again?

Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.