RE: pg_restore issues with intarray - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Brannen
Subject RE: pg_restore issues with intarray
Date
List pgsql-general
>From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>On 9/5/19 5:05 PM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
>>
>> It feels like the restore is adding the intarray extension, which does
>> a CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY on its own, then later the restore does
>> CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY on again causing the problem. Yet this doesn't
>> happen on most of our databases, just a few. It's maddening to me.
>>
>What does \dx show in the database you taking the dump from?

Sadly, I don't have access to that system.

>What if you do a restore to a file only the schema e.g.:
>
>pg_restore -s -f some_file.sql
>
>This will create a plain text version of only the schema objects in some_file.sql instead of restoring to the
database.It might help shed some light.

No CREATE EXTENSION or CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY statements.

Jerry's post indicates this is something that just happens with some older
versions and it seems I got unlucky. I do have a work around (ignore) but
I'd rather be proactive in knowing I'm ignoring something I should be and
not ignoring meaningful errors.

Thanks for the help Adrian, I really appreciate it!
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.