Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daniel J. Luke
Subject Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On May 24, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Dave Dutcher wrote:
> If you can live with possible database corruption, you could try
> turning
> Fsync off.  For example if you could just reinsert the data on the off
> chance a hardware failure corrupts the database, you might get a
> decent
> improvement.

I tried, but I didn't see much of an improvement (and it's not really
acceptable for this application).

> Also have you tried creating the index after you have inserted all
> your
> data?  (Or maybe copy already disables the indexes while inserting?)

The data gets inserted in batches every 5 minutes and I potentially
have people querying it constantly, so I can't remove and re-create
the index.

--
Daniel J. Luke

Attachment