Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daniel J. Luke
Subject Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day)
Date
Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day)  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On May 24, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Have you tried fiddling with the checkpointing settings? Check your
> logs --
> if you get a warning about checkpoints being too close together,
> that should
> give you quite some boost.

no warnings in the log (I did change the checkpoint settings when I
set up the database, but didn't notice an appreciable difference in
insert performance).

> Apart from that, you should have quite a bit to go on -- somebody
> on this
> list reported 2 billion rows/day earlier, but it might have been on
> beefier
> hardware, of course. :-)

Probably :) I'll keep searching the list archives and see if I find
anything else (I did some searching and didn't find anything that I
hadn't already tried).

Thanks!

--
Daniel J. Luke