Re: Backend protocol wanted features - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Wooten
Subject Re: Backend protocol wanted features
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Agreed. Opting in to each specific feature wouldn’t be the cleanest but it would mean sticking with a single protocol.
Itwould also mean that existing clients would continue work without modification for the foreseeable future.

> On Dec 29, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well we would be adding messages that current protocol handlers may not know how to deal with which will likely
requirethem to rewrite their code