Re: htup header reorganization breaks many extension modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: htup header reorganization breaks many extension modules
Date
Re: htup header reorganization breaks many extension modules  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
wrote:
>> I haven't followed the details of the htup header reorganization, but
>> have noticed that a number of external extension modules will be
broken
>> because of the move of GETSTRUCT() and to a lesser extent
>> heap_getattr().  Of course some #ifdefs can fix that, but it seems
>> annoying to make everyone do that.  Maybe this could be reconsidered
>> reduce the impact on other projects.

> But it's only add #include "access/htup_details.h"?  I'd not argue
> it's harmful unless I missed your point.

I guess the point is that you need an #ifdef if you want a module
to be able to build with both 9.3 and lower versions.

Otherwise the compiler will complain about the missing include
file on older versions.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe