Re: poll: CHECK TRIGGER? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: poll: CHECK TRIGGER?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> Well, I guess I'm still of the opinion that the real question is
> whether the particular lint checks that Pavel's implemented are good
> and useful things.  Has anyone spent any time looking at *that*?

Actually, I did when I reviewed the patch the first time round.
I think that the checks implemented are clearly good and useful,
since any problem reported will lead to an error at runtime if
a certain code path in the function is taken.  And if the code path
is never taken, that's valuable information too.

I don't say that there are no good checks missing, but the ones
that are there are good IMO.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe