Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol
Date
List pgsql-general
Christian Ferrari wrote:
>>> Writing a specific stub to wrap-up PostgreSQL is not a too
>>> difficult task, but I would be sure I am not re-inventing the wheel.
>>> How can I am sure the standard XA interface is not availble?
>>> Do you know if there is any document about this matter?
>
>> I searched the archives and found some confirmation that there is no
such thing currently.
>> I also couldn't find anything on PgFoundry.
>> It might be a good idea to raise this on the pgsql-hackers list.
>> I think that might be something good to add to the core distribution.
>> At least it would be a good PgFoundry project!
>> Yours,
>> Laurenz Albe
>
> Dear all,
> now the LIXA project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lixa/) is stable
enought to start the
> development of the XA interface for PostgreSQL and I'm going to
implement it for PostgreSQL 8.3
> Does anyone know if something has changed in the meantime? (Have
PostgreSQL yet implemented the
> standard native C XA library?).
>
> Any hints will be appreciated.

First, that question should be asked on the -hackers mailing list.
Don't start coding before your idea and design is approved there.
Furthermore, any new patch must be developed against HEAD and not an old
version of PostgreSQL.
Reading http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch is a good
starting point!

Yours,