Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Ferrari
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol
Date
List pgsql-general
>> Writing a specific stub to wrap-up PostgreSQL is not a too
>> difficult task, but I would be sure I am not re-inventing the wheel.
>> How can I am sure the standard XA interface is not availble?
>> Do you know if there is any document about this matter?

> I searched the archives and found some confirmation that there is no such thing currently.
> I also couldn't find anything on PgFoundry.
> It might be a good idea to raise this on the pgsql-hackers list.
> I think that might be something good to add to the core distribution.
> At least it would be a good PgFoundry project!
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
Dear all,
now the LIXA project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lixa/) is stable enought to start the development of the XA interface for PostgreSQL and I'm going to implement it for PostgreSQL 8.3
Does anyone know if something has changed in the meantime? (Have PostgreSQL yet implemented the standard native C XA library?).

Any hints will be appreciated.

Thank you so much
Regards
Christian