Re: how to specify the locale that psql uses - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: how to specify the locale that psql uses
Date
List pgsql-general
Kent Tong wrote:
> I am referring to the locale on the client that determines the text prompts it outputs.

I think "Reg me Please" got you wrong, here's the answer:

To set the locale for server messages, set the server configuration
parameter "lc_messages" to the appropriate value.

You can either do this for the current session with the SQL command:
SET lc_messages='....';
or you can change the default in postgresql.conf and reload.

To change the locale of messages *by* psql, libpq and other client
programs, change the current locale where you start the client.

How you do this depends on the operating system; on UNIX you do
it by setting the LANG environment variable.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe