Re: Two weeks to feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Sorry for shouting.

>... but I suggest you stop to count
> exactly how many of their bullet points are actually grounded
> in the SQL standard, how many are not, and how many are in
> fact counter to spec but agree with MySQL's deviations from
> spec (of course those show as green for MySQL's version of
> reality, and as "failures" for spec-compliant databases).
>
> I have been through crash-me in some detail, and it left a
> very bad taste in my mouth.  Don't bother holding it up as an
> example of good practice.

Every single test in their list is interesting and useful.

I see several hundred things which I recognize as part of the ANSI/ISO
SQL Standard.

I have set up and run the tests.  I did not go into great detail (as you
have done) to ensure that they were really testing what they claimed to
test and that correct interpretation of the results was made in each
case.

If they have done something underhanded, then they should be called out
onto the carpet for it.  In any case, the general outline of what they
are doing is a very good idea.  If it can be improved upon, then that
would be an excellent idea.