Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Notion:
Have one version do both.  Your server can fork(), and your sever can
thread.  It can fork() and thread, it can fork() or thread.

That gives the best of all worlds.  One client who has his attachments
to a database all setup might want to do a bunch of similar queries.
Hence a threaded model is nice.

A server may be set up to clone the rights of the attaching process for
security reasons.  Then you launch a new server with fork().