From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0007: Remove DoS in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[snip]
> And, yes, I agree he IS providing a valuable service -- with
> that I have no
> complaints.  But there is a distinct civility and culture to
> this list, and
> I'd like to see it stay that way.

I want to make it clear that I think the best way to report a problem is
with formal, rigorous, complete structure.  That structure should be
known to the receiving body.  If there is a procedure or standard form
for producing the needed information, it is better to follow the
standard procedure.

On the other hand (and the point I had hoped to make) some people like
to take lined paper and write on it sideways [Bradbury's "Fahrenheight
451" quote].  Instead of complaining that they are writing sideways on
the page, extract the information of value.  If the can be convinced to
"stop writing in a perpendicular manner" so that the majority will be
more comfortable with it, so much the better.  But standardized or not,
it can still contain information of great value.