From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0007: Remove DoS in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 26 August 2002 02:51 pm, Dann Corbit wrote:
> I want to make it clear that I think the best way to report a problem is
> with formal, rigorous, complete structure.  That structure should be
> known to the receiving body.  If there is a procedure or standard form
> for producing the needed information, it is better to follow the
> standard procedure.

Ok, let's do that then.  SOP is to use the bug reporting form contained on the
website, which posts a bug report to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org, which is the
canonical bugreport list.  That is if we want to get that formal.

> But standardized or not,
> it can still contain information of great value.

Yes, it can.  I can use steganography to issue an RPM release announcement,
too.  But will it be effective? :-)

If it isn't read, it won't be acted upon.  His announcements have been a
difficult read, that's all. The substance is OK; the presentation is lacking,
IMHO.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio