Re: bdr manual cleanup required - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Selim Tuvi
Subject Re: bdr manual cleanup required
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Sylvain, I ran the following on all nodes and dropped the db on all but the first node and rejoined them to the cluster.

Unfortunately the node_status still says "i" for the second and third nodes when I look at bdr.bdr_nodes under the first node.

Under the second node, the node_status has "r" for all and under the third node it has "i" only for the second node.

No warning or error entries in the log file on all nodes but the replication works only from the first node to the second and third nodes and from the second node to the third node.

-Selim

From: Sylvain Marechal [marechal.sylvain2@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 4:23 AM
To: Selim Tuvi
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] bdr manual cleanup required

Did you try this :

https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/bdr/issues/127 :
<<<
BEGIN;
SET LOCAL bdr.skip_ddl_locking = on;
SET LOCAL bdr.permit_unsafe_ddl_commands = on;
SET LOCAL bdr.skip_ddl_replication = on;
SECURITY LABEL FOR bdr ON DATABASE mydb IS NULL;
DELETE FROM bdr.bdr_connections;
DELETE FROM bdr.bdr_nodes;
SELECT bdr.bdr_connections_changed();
COMMIT;

SELECT pg_terminate_backend(pid)
FROM pg_stat_activity
WHERE datname = current_database() AND application_name LIKE '%): perdb';

For now, I never went into situations where I had to destroy all the databases in all nodes.

Sylvain

I am trying to repair a broken bdr cluster setup and so far everything I tried failed. Under the original node that ran bdr.bdr_group_create I am getting the following error:

2015-12-04 19:34:29.063 UTC,,,22991,,5661eac4.59cf,1,,2015-12-04 19:34:28 UTC,3/0,0,ERROR,55000,"previous init failed, manual cleanup is required","Found bdr.bdr_nodes entry for bdr (6224504646761731677,1,16389,) with state=i in remote bdr.bdr_nodes","Remove all replication identifiers and slots corresponding to this node from the init target node then drop and recreate this database and try again",,,,,,,"bdr (6224504646761731677,1,16389,): perdb"

Is there a way to get the cluster in a correct state without having to drop the db?

Thanks
-Selim