Re: pgsql function using C++?, or at least C interfacing with C++ lib? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: pgsql function using C++?, or at least C interfacing with C++ lib?
Date
List pgsql-general

If you want to do this, publish an interface in your C++ library with
the interface functions declared as extern "C"

> 2) C++ based function, calling a C++ library (I read in the
> pgsql docs
> that compiling C++ code for use with pgsql is either partially
> incompatible, or just a bad idea?)

C++ calling C++ is not portable because of name mangling.  Other than
that, if you use the same compiler there is rarely any problem.

> Also note that I would like to pass the function the
> following arguments: int4, _varchar (array of varchars)
>
> Any help would be appreciated, I'm not incredibly experienced
> in these
> matters.

I would use an extern "C" interface, if I were in your shoes.