pgsql function using C++?, or at least C interfacing with C++ lib? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Parusel
Subject pgsql function using C++?, or at least C interfacing with C++ lib?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

    I've got a C++ library I need to use, and I want to use it from a pgsql
function.
Would anyone happen to have any examples of how to accomplish something
like this?
I see examples of C-based functions for pgsql (like dbsize, etc, in
contrib).

Which way should I go about this?

1) C based function, calling a C++ library (is this possible?)
2) C++ based function, calling a C++ library (I read in the pgsql docs
that compiling C++ code for use with pgsql is either partially
incompatible, or just a bad idea?)

Also note that I would like to pass the function the following arguments:
int4, _varchar (array of varchars)

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not incredibly experienced in these
matters.

Thanks,
Eric