Re: JSON for PG 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Claes Jakobsson
Subject Re: JSON for PG 9.2
Date
Re: JSON for PG 9.2  (Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann@janestreet.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Dec 20, 2011, at 12:39 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2011, at 2:49 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that JSON is a subset of ECMAscript
>
> Well, no, JSON is formally “a lightweight data-interchange format.” It’s derived from JavaScript syntax, but it is
nota programming language, so I wouldn’t say it was accurate to describe it as a subset of JS or ECMAScript.

>  http://json.org/

Are people explicitly asking for a) *JSON* datatype or b) a type that lets you store arbitrary complex semi-untyped
datastructures?

if b) then this might get a lot more interesting

Cheers,
Claes