Re: Process priority. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Theo Galanakis
Subject Re: Process priority.
Date
List pgsql-sql
timewhen exports are being run. By lowering the priority of the export postmaster, the system appeared to run far
willdo in the end, however I just wanted to have a play and see if I could extend postgres with c. I don't profess to
size="2">Youare aware that that's widely considered either useless or counterproductive?  Renice-ing one backend seldom
giveshelpful results, because (a) what usually matters more than CPU usage is I/O, and renice doesn't change I/O
priorities;(b) priority inversion results in higher-priority backends blocking behind the low-priority one whenever
Thisemail, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee<br /> and may be confidential, privileged and
subjectto copyright. If you<br /> have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete<br /> it. If
youare not the intended recipient of this email, you must not<br /> use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You
mustnot copy or <br /> communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to <br /> copyright, unless you