resend: Chinese sort order problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ren Weili
Subject resend: Chinese sort order problem
Date
Re: resend: Chinese sort order problem  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
List pgsql-general
hi all,
    I am shade to disturb  people here again, but to my Question , i
have not effective answer.
    it has been suffering me for 3 weeks.

    the problem is : How the Postgresql treet the Chinese Text Field
sort(order by)?
    It seems always false sort order. but the MySQL does this very well.

    in my machine "select getdatabaseencoding();" returns "EUC_CN"
    and "\encoding" returns "EUC_CN" too.
    I have tested for "createdb -E EUC_CN / SQL_ASII / LATIN1" ,
    the option "EUC_CN" / "SQL_ASII"  results same .

    I have also tried recompling the source with "configure
--enable-locale --enable-multibyte=EUC_CN", it does no help.

    So i want to know where is the source code of SQL "ORDER BY", if
nobody else could help me, I can only choose to
study the source and solve it by myself.

Any suggestion is kind to me.
Thanks.
Malix