Re: resend: Chinese sort order problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: resend: Chinese sort order problem
Date
List pgsql-general
> hi all,
>     I am shade to disturb  people here again, but to my Question , i
> have not effective answer.
>     it has been suffering me for 3 weeks.
>
>     the problem is : How the Postgresql treet the Chinese Text Field
> sort(order by)?
>     It seems always false sort order. but the MySQL does this very well.
>
>     in my machine "select getdatabaseencoding();" returns "EUC_CN"
>     and "\encoding" returns "EUC_CN" too.
>     I have tested for "createdb -E EUC_CN / SQL_ASII / LATIN1" ,
>     the option "EUC_CN" / "SQL_ASII"  results same .
>
>     I have also tried recompling the source with "configure
> --enable-locale --enable-multibyte=EUC_CN", it does no help.

You did not mention what is "false" and what is "correct" sort order.
So I'm not sure I understand you problem, but I experience similar
ones with Japanese on some Linux platforms. In my case the source of
the problem was broken locale database coming with Linux. After
re-building PostgreSQL WITHOUT --enable-locale, all problems were
gone.

Hope this helps.
--
Tatsuo Ishii