Re: pgsql: Only provide openssl_tls_init_hook if building withopenssl - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: Only provide openssl_tls_init_hook if building withopenssl
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 17 Apr 2020, at 22:32, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Only provide openssl_tls_init_hook if building with openssl
>
> One or the other of these patches broke building without --with-openssl:
>
> fe-secure.c:435: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'PQgetSSLKeyPassHook'
> fe-secure.c:441: error: expected ')' before 'hook'
> fe-secure.c:447: warning: no previous prototype for 'PQdefaultSSLKeyPassHook'
> make[3]: *** [fe-secure.o] Error 1

fe-secure.c provides dummy implementations for non-SSL builds, and have a dummy
PQsslKeyPassHook_type implementation there.  So either the dummy needs to be
removed if we want this hook OpenSSL specific as well, or the USE_OPENSSL
guards from 9e24109f1a4e4d8d1d keeping them only for openssl_tls_init_hook.

cheers ./daniel