Re: pgsql: Only provide openssl_tls_init_hook if building withopenssl - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Only provide openssl_tls_init_hook if building withopenssl
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:43:11PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> fe-secure.c provides dummy implementations for non-SSL builds, and have a dummy
> PQsslKeyPassHook_type implementation there.  So either the dummy needs to be
> removed if we want this hook OpenSSL specific as well, or the USE_OPENSSL
> guards from 9e24109f1a4e4d8d1d keeping them only for openssl_tls_init_hook.

I was just looking at the git history and bumped into this thread.  I
think Andrew got it right to revert 9e24109 with 6741cfa: these
routines should be declared and return dummy results for non-SSL
builds or applications are going to have a hard time maintaining
compatibility with libpq depending on what they link to if they get to
call those SSL new routines.

PS: Thanks for f342d7a.
--
Michael