[BUGS] Invalid WAL segment size. Allowed values are 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Cocco Gianfranco
Subject [BUGS] Invalid WAL segment size. Allowed values are 1,2,4,8,16,32,64
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hi,

We have a big problem with managing the number of WAL products, during database activity, so I would try to write to you.

With pg_rman utility, we can’t save thousands of WAL files every few hours, to be used for a possible recovery.

We are using a production environment 9.2 PostgreSQL server which processes a database of about 260 GB

Is there a way to fix “wal_segsize” to about 1 Gb in 9.2. version, and “rebuild” postgreSQL server?

The goal is to drastically reduce the number of WALs.

Upgrading to 9.5, is the only way to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Descrizione: cid:image001.jpg@01CE4109.E9653C00

Gianfranco Cocco

Gruppo DBA Torino

Managed Operations - Data Center Factory

gianfranco.cocco@eng.it

Engineering.MO S.p.A

Corso Mortara, 22 - 10149 Torino

Tel. 011 19449548 (SHORT CODE: 676548)