Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Li, Yong
Subject Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages
Date
List pgsql-hackers

PostgreSQLHackers <pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org>, "Bagga, Rishu" <bagrishu@amazon.com>, Robert Haas
<robertmhaas@gmail.com>,Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>, "Shyrabokau, Anton" <antons@ebay.com>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 07:19:56AM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 06:48:33AM +0000, Li, Yong wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, the test requires a setup of two different versions of PG. I am not
>>> aware of an existing test infrastructure which can run automated tests using two
>>> PGs. I did manually verify the output of pg_upgrade.
>>
>> I think there is something in t/002_pg_upgrade.pl (see src/bin/pg_upgrade/TESTING),
>> that could be used to run automated tests using an old and a current version.
>
> Cluster.pm relies on install_path for stuff, where it is possible to
> create tests with multiple nodes pointing to different installation
> paths.  This allows mixing nodes with different build options, or just
> different major versions like pg_upgrade's perl tests.
> —
> Michael

Thanks for pointing    this out. Here is what I have tried:
1. Manually build and install PostgreSQL from the latest source code.
2. Following the instructions from src/bin/pg_upgrade to manually dump the regression database.
3. Apply the patch to the latest code, and build from the source.
4. Run “make check” by following the instructions from src/bin/pg_upgrade and setting up the olddump and oldinstall to
pointto the “old” installation used in step 2.

All tests pass.

Yong