Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 07:19:56AM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 06:48:33AM +0000, Li, Yong wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the test requires a setup of two different versions of PG. I am not
>> aware of an existing test infrastructure which can run automated tests using two
>> PGs. I did manually verify the output of pg_upgrade.
>
> I think there is something in t/002_pg_upgrade.pl (see src/bin/pg_upgrade/TESTING),
> that could be used to run automated tests using an old and a current version.

Cluster.pm relies on install_path for stuff, where it is possible to
create tests with multiple nodes pointing to different installation
paths.  This allows mixing nodes with different build options, or just
different major versions like pg_upgrade's perl tests.
--
Michael

Attachment