Re: PLPerl - Undefined symbol "MemoryContextSwitchTo" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Sampson
Subject Re: PLPerl - Undefined symbol "MemoryContextSwitchTo"
Date
List pgsql-general
> Doug Sampson <dougs@dawnsign.com> writes:
> > orion-root@/usr/ports: make search name=postgresql-plperl
> > Port:   postgresql-plperl-7.4.25_1
>
> It would appear that you forgot to update plperl to 8.4 along with
> the core postgres package ... the error message is not tremendously
> informative but it seems consistent with the idea of trying to load
> a 7.4-vintage plperl.so into a modern backend.

I'm no PGSQL expert. Neither am I a FreeBSD expert.

How does one build plperl support into a FreeBSD port of postgresql-server
8.4? Here's what 'make config' shows:

+----------------------------------------------------------------+ |
                    | |[X] NLS               Use internationalized messages
| |
                    | |[X] PAM               Build with PAM support (server
only)      | |
                    | |[ ] LDAP              Build with LDAP authentication
support    | |
                    | |[ ] MIT_KRB5          Build with MIT's kerberos
support         | |
                    | |[ ] HEIMDAL_KRB5      Builds with Heimdal kerberos
support      | |
                    | |[X] OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS  Builds with compiler
optimizations (-O3)  | |
                    | |[X] XML               Build with XML data type
(server)         | |
                    | |[X] TZDATA            Use internal timezone database
(server)   | |
                    | |[ ] DEBUG             Builds with debugging symbols
| |
                    | |[ ] INTDATE           Builds with 64-bit date/time
type (server)| |
                    | |
| |
                    | |
| |
                    | |
| |
                    | |
| |
                    | |
| |

                    |                       [  OK  ]       Cancel

Or am I going about this the wrong way? Should I install the
p5-postgresql-plperl port even though it states that this ports depends on
or are depended by postgresql 7.4 server/client and perl 5.8.9? Will the
p5-postgresql-plperl work with version 8.4.0_1 of PGSQL and Perl 5.10.1?

~Doug