RE: [GENERAL] 8 K Limit?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jackson, DeJuan
Subject RE: [GENERAL] 8 K Limit??
Date
List pgsql-general
The limit can be increased to 32K if you're willing to recompile, but I
doubt this will  completely solve your problem.
There is also the Large Objects interface which has a whole set of problems
all it's own.
If setting the limit to 32K will solve your problem you might ask in
pgsql-admin what to change.
If using Large Objects is the way you decide to go try pgsql-interfaces.
But chances are you can code around the limitation.  (Hey I've used
commercial databases with a 2K limit's so PostgreSQL's 8K limit has spoiled
me.)
    -DEJ