Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 18 Jul 2016, at 18:14, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
<snip>
> At this point, this thread isn't about the T-shirt; it's about a
> prominent community member launching a personal attack against another
> prominent community member, which then inspires people on this list to
> take sides.  You really weren't involved in that, so it's really not
> about you.

Are you meaning Simon Rigg's email to Fábio?

  https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANP8%2BjKz3LXaXzRBrL-TMbpqdrOafL0ttQyMbQ9cvOAsYPiU8A%40mail.gmail.com

If so, this sounds like it's being blown out of proportion.  Fábio
made a mistake, received a rather blistering response, and did the
right thing through apologising + nuking the bits created.

Sure Simon's wording was strong... but it sounds more like
stressed-person-reaction than anything needing deep inspection.

Lets not get sidetracked by furthering this thread, as there doesn't
seem much PG-growth-factor to be obtained in putting further time
into it. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi