Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 07/18/2016 11:44 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2016, at 18:14, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Are you meaning Simon Rigg's email to Fábio?
>
>    https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANP8%2BjKz3LXaXzRBrL-TMbpqdrOafL0ttQyMbQ9cvOAsYPiU8A%40mail.gmail.com
>
> If so, this sounds like it's being blown out of proportion.  Fábio
> made a mistake, received a rather blistering response, and did the
> right thing through apologising + nuking the bits created.
>
> Sure Simon's wording was strong... but it sounds more like
> stressed-person-reaction than anything needing deep inspection.

I will give one thing to Simon on this, he was upfront and public about
it. My concern isn't that he was so harsh, heaven knows there are plenty
of people in this community (myself included) that can come off harsh.

My concern is the lack of humility being shown by the protagonist. Fabio
has done everything right since the initial infraction, yet a prominent
member has only sat on a high horse through the whole thing.

It makes the entire community look bad.

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564