Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt
Date
Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt
List pgsql-advocacy
On 07/18/2016 03:30 AM, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

> I was undecided whether to answer or not but since this thread is taking
> a turn that does not serve the community, I feel compelled to respond.
> Unfortunately, I feel that it must be noted that apart from Simon and
> Joshua, no one thought of me. This is not a problem for me, however, I
> wish that everything had not been taken so seriously and everyone could
> move on without hard feelings, I feel that the discussion has gone far
> enough.

Well, nobody has been talking about you because you've been fairly
moderate in this.  While I wouldn't personally have made the same
decisions you did, they were your right and you made them politely and
were responsive to Fabio.  That part's done.

At this point, this thread isn't about the T-shirt; it's about a
prominent community member launching a personal attack against another
prominent community member, which then inspires people on this list to
take sides.  You really weren't involved in that, so it's really not
about you.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)