pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yuri Budilov
Subject pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?
Date
Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello everyone.

I am new to PostgreSQL and Linux (coming across from Microsoft SQL Server).

I installed PostgreSQL 9.4 on Oracle Linux 6.6 and its working ok (psql, etc).
Now I try to install pgadmin3 on the same OS.

I am having problems installing pdadmin3 rpms on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit.
I selected the RedHat compatible installation i.e. without the Oracle enterprise kernel.
It complains about missing libwx_gtk* packages when I try to do yum install pgadmin3*.86_64.rpm.

The ISO file for Oracle Linux 6.6 (Packages directory of the distribution) does not have libwx* rpms and the gtk* rpms are already installed on my Oracle Linux 6.6 if I try to install them again. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place??

Is there any document or web site which clearly tells me what i need to pre-install so that I can install pgadmin3 on Oracle Linux 6.x 64-bit ?

I prefer not downloading the source code and trying to build it all in-place, so looking for binaries ready to be installed using rpm or yum. I dont have Red Hat support contract, hoping to make it work on Oracle Linux 6.6 with RHEL kernel.

If this is the wrong forum for this question - please tell me where to ask this question.

many thanks in advance
Yuri Budilov
AUstralia