pointing pgAdmin III to a pre-8.1 help file - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From George Pavlov
Subject pointing pgAdmin III to a pre-8.1 help file
Date
List pgadmin-support
This is sort of an enhancement idea: currently if you run pgAdmin III
its help files by default assume an 8.1 PG, which is a bit confusing,
because one could be (as I am) administering/connecting to some pre-8.1
servers through pgAdmin III. It would be quite nice if the help files
were either sensitive to the version of the underlying server (when the
? is pressed) or at least allowed for choosing which help-set to use
when help is invoked (just add nodes for "PostgreSQL 8.0.5
Documentation", etc.)

I think the best one can currently do (and please correct me if I am
wrong) is to swap the *.CHM from an older version of pgAdmin (but then
you lose the 8.1 help, so not really good for a mixed-version
environment).

George