Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 4, 2022, at 1:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Yeah, it's plausible to get a failure on either the write or read side
> depending on timing.
>
> Perhaps libpq should be trying harder to make those cases look alike, but
> this test is about server behavior not libpq behavior, so I'm inclined
> to just make it lax.

+1.

I've gotten this test failure only a few times in perhaps the last six months, so if we narrow the opportunity for test
failurewithout closing it entirely, we're just making the test failures that much harder to diagnose.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company