Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange
Date
Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:35 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> > I really appreciate a hint here.
>
> I think I'm to blame for most of that code originally, so I'll take
> a look soon.  Been up to my neck in other stuff recently.

Do I understand correctly that enforce_generic_type_consistency() is
called only after check_generic_type_consistency() returned true?

If so, that means some of the checks are redundant.  Therefore, we can
replace ereport()'s with Assert()'s.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov